What is Moonshot?
The Benefits of Moonshot
- Reduce the amount of usernames and passwords you have to remember.
Single Sign On to all of the services you use.
More secure authentication to the services that you care about, managed by your home organisation.
Preserve your privacy when using services by not releasing personally identifiable information - unless you want to.
- Reduce the cost and effort of administration - no credentials to manage for all of your users.
- Secure and timely authentication - credentials are linked back to the user's home organisation so are up to date and revoked instantly. and because these credentials are used by that user for many things they will take good care of them.
- Flexible authorisation - manage who gets access to what and when in whichever way best meets your needs.
Continue Your Introduction to Moonshot
- Where does Moonshot fit in amongst other federated identity protocols?
- Some real world examples of organisations that are using Moonshot to do things they couldn't do before.
- A quick look at the constituent parts of Moonshot and how they fit together.
- What is the Trust Router, and where does it fit in the world of Moonshot?
General Flow of a Moonshot deployment (to deploy Moonshot, start here!)
- If you are going to test Moonshot and deploy it in production, this page details the best order in which to deploy the components.
The Moonshot Test Network (to test Moonshot, start here!)
- If you are going to test Moonshot, this page details the particulars of the Moonshot Test Network
- The next step: how to install and configure the software components.
- Our policy for operating system support.
- The current list of trust router operators world-wide.