- Our current distribution compatibility page is here: Linux Compatibility List
- Debian: We currently support versions 8 and 9 . Unofficially, version 7 is also still supported; support for this version terminates on 31 May 2018 in line with Debian LTS policy here: https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160425
- Ubuntu: We currently support LTS versions 12.04, 14.04 and 16.04 LTS (with unofficial packages) . We will terminate Ubuntu 12.04 support on 31 May 2018 in line with Debian LTS policy and then be in line with the Ubuntu release policy here: https://wikiwww.ubuntu.com/Releasesinfo/release-end-of-life
- RedHat and CentOS: We currently use an N-1 minor version policy to support versions 6.8 and 6.9, and 7.3 and 7.4. CentOS 6 maintenance support will terminate on 30 November 2020, in line with RedHat and CentOS policy at https://wiki.centos.org
- We have a compatibility page here: Mac Compatibility List
- We follow Apple's N-2 support policy. The soon-to-be-released macOS client for Moonshot will be supported on OS X El Capitan (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12) and macOS High Sierra (10.13).
- Basic support currently exists for OS X Yosemite.
Software support policy
In line with the vendors of our supporting software components, it is sometimes unavoidable that older software is retired. Where the operating system support is greater, the operating system support takes precedence.